A virtual environment where naval gunners can safely practice the skills required for the remote use of automated small caliber guns.
Based on our proven Fleetman maritime simulator, the FCT has an exceptionally high-quality virtual environment to immerse gunners, surface warfare officers, principle warfare officers, and members of the command safety team in a virtual naval environment. Gunners learn basic operating procedures during weapon firing exercises in a virtual marine environment. The Fleetman Trainer and the FCT display a virtual environment containing the area, vessels, aircraft, and harbor models. The FCT may be run as a stand-alone trainer or as part of a networked exercise connected to a Full Mission Bridge Trainer (FMBT). The result is a comprehensive and cost-effective training solution that delivers considerable safety benefits by allowing student skill levels to be developed to near-operational standards prior to discharge of live ammunition.
- Simulation of safety-critical weapon engagements
- Training for pre-mission and mission phases of weapon deployment operations
- Cost effectiveness through reduced ammunition expenditure
- Future-proof and extendable by the use of COTS (Commercial Off-The-Shelf) hardware
- Real-time management of the exercise and application of the weapon crew faults to the gun mount
- Full control of environmental conditions including wind speed and direction, tidal stream, sea state, visibility in fog or haze, rain, and cloud cover
- Exercise configuration and runtime control
- Introduction and manipulation of multiple targets (air and surface) into the scenario
- Full object maneuvering control
- Insertion of FCT breakdowns/failures
- Authoring of simulation exercise scenarios
- Ability to save exercises